Meeting Minutes: November 20, 2018

Agenda

Date: November 20, 2018     Time:            7:00 PM

Attendants; Ken, Sylvie, Caileigh, Angela, Brian, Tom, Carly, Paul, Sarah, Christine, Ted, Damen, Quinten

Location; Ricky’s Country Restaurant 20110 Lougheed HWY Maple Ridge

Director reports

  • $65400 total income
  • Bottom line $2312 lost
  • All area of income statement are very close to last year, no major unforeseen items
  • Balance sheet we well positioned
  • Possible opportunities to recover future losses, adjust insurance fees? Review ideas for next meeting.

 

  • 1) Calendar progress, help required?
    1. Going well overall.
    2. GKMA is still finalizing race dates.
    3. Could GKMA do an Endro cross? GKMA is working on this idea, locations and Volunteers.
    4. CXCC 2019, GKMA is very interested, WCDR is very interested. Alberta is considering a national series.
    5. New folks are trying to start up a new series, Canada national with qualifier to enter the 2 day finals Cordurory race.
  • Action item ; survey all racers on social media poll to see interest level in the new national series idea
    1. PN series possible idea. Similar to the Triple Crown series supercross?
    2. Island series very interested in crossing over in PN series again for 2019.
      1. We need the island race dates, Insurance questions.
      2. Motion; Bring Island races count PN points so points align, coastal. Paul W
  • Second; Ken
  1. In favor; all in favor
  2. Motion Passed
  • 2) CXCC licensing options, Eastern participation and Canadian Championship
    1. CXCC 2019, GKMA is very interested, WCDR is very interested. Alberta is considering a national series.
      1. Motion: 3 race CXCC series, with one throw away for the BC portion. Ken
      2. Second Paul

All in favor

ACTION; Sarah to contact Keith about this idea

  1. New folks are trying to start up a new series, Canada national with qualifier to enter the 2 day finals Cordurory race.
  2. If CXCC copy Sarah sheet 3 options
  3. We are currently waiting for Alberta decide their intentions for 2019
    1. Motion; rank 3 options Sarah
      1. Comp licenses both ways
    2. Second ted
  • All favor
  • 3) KTM and Husky contingency
    1. No current update
  • 4) Trophies, jackets and awards ceremony, Kamloops
    1. Trophies, number plate, decal set up.
    2. Jackets Darin, stepped down
    3. Christina will now take on Jackets moving forward.
    4. Ceremony, same room as last year, 120 folks max. Date is set Jan 26, 2019, food pricing coming shortly, cash bar, Sandman downtown, 15-20 room reserved currently. Moxie’s next door possible after party, more details to follow. PN many point person Christina
  • 5) Scoring help update?
    1. Sarah will work on putting a scoring team together and training group.
  • 6) Elections
    1. Blaine, Darin, Doug have stepped down
    2. Sarah as time keeper captain
    3. Christina director of awards
    4. Angela moving to member at large
    5. Carly Logan member at large
    6. All other positions continue to stand
  • 7) Rules updating for 2019, volunteers?
    1. Tom & Damon to work together to update.

8) Ideas moving forward, new business

– Scoring party to be announced

– Angela… Bike show, plans are along very well.

  • Adjourn

Download PDF: PN meeting November 20,, 2018

2019-03-18T22:57:23-07:00March 18th, 2019|Minutes|